Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Legendary Alton Ellis


 Alton Nehemiah Ellis (September 1, 1938 – October 10, 2008)

  • Grew up in Kingston 12
  • Attended Ebeneezer and Boys' Town schools
  • Excelled in both music and sport
  • Part of the singing duo of Alton and Eddie
  • Older brother of the late Hortense Ellis
  • Father of Noel Ellis and Christopher Ellis (reggae singers)
  • Uncle of famous Jamaican comedians Owen "Blakka" Ellis and Ian "Ity" Ellis.
Musical Tracks of Alton Ellis
  • Breaking Up* Why Birds Follow Spring* I Can't Stop Now* Ain't That Loving You* You Make Me Happy* Remember That Sunday* All My Tears Come Rolling* Baby I Love You* Chatty Chatty* Willow Tree* If I Could Rule The World* What Does It Take* Reason In The Sky* Black Man's Pride* Darling It's True* Day Dreaming* Earth Needs Love* Sinners Gonna Weep* Changes* Stronger Than Before* Give Me Your Love* Pain In My Heart* Never Before* I Love You True* Goodnight Sweetheart* You, I Adore*  Love To Share* Let Him Try*  If You Love Me Still* Moments Of Sadness* Sweet Cup Of Tea* Through The Window* I'll Be Waiting* I'm Not Ready* Living Down  Here* Big Bad Boy* Cheer Up* Bounce About* Movements* The Prayer* Rock Steady* Cry Tuff* Cry Not For Me* La La Means I Love You* You Are Mine* Why?* Please Leave Me Alone* The Valley Of Decision* It Hurts Me So* I Want You Girl* I Love You For More Reasons Than One* Honey I Love You* Girl You Can't Be My Wife* Baby I Love You* Joy In The Morning* Sunday Coming* These Eyes* Hurting Me* It's True* Alton's Groove* What Does It Take To Win Your Love* The Picture Was You* Gonna Take A Miracle* Your Heart Is Gonna Pay* Wide Awake In A Dream* The Winner* Evil One* Abortion* Never Happen Again* Sing For You* Searching* Man From Studio One* Movie Star* Woman* Love Me Forever* Tribute To Jackie Mittoo* Lord Deliver Us* Where I'm Down* You Said It Again* Can't Get Used To Losing You* Wide World* Reggae With You* Pearl* You're So Sweet* Jamaica* Set A Better Example* Fatty Fatty* Sweet & Slow* To Marry You* Miss Ruben Dub* In My Time* Land In A Million* I Dig You Baby* I Need A Girl* I* Someone* Hurting Me* We Need Love* So Much Love* Back To Africa* Alphabetically Yours* Blessing Of Love* Seven Days A Week* Dance All Night* I'll Be There* Love On Top* Children Of The Ghetto* In A Vision* The Humble Will Stumble* Rise And Fall* Bless You* No Man Is Perfect* Mr. Scabina* Black My Experience* Ain't No Music* Pure Sorrow* Inside My Soul* The Children Are Crying* Hard To Be A Lover* Woe Child* Change Of Plan* Confusion* Muriel* Play It Cool* Give Us The Reason* Life Worth Living* Stop A While* I Believe In Love* Whiter Shade Of Pale* Massachusetts* Get Ready* Mad Mad Mad* Baby Now That I Found You* Personality* Tumbling Tears* I Don't Care* True Born African* Moon River* I Can't Find Out* Let's Stay Together* Knocking At My Door* Big Wood* Want It Want It * Too Late To Turn Back Now* Papa* Rhodesia* And I Love Her* On The Street Where You Live* Love Is Getting Hotter And Hotter* Girl I've Got A Date* Black man's Word* Live And Learn* A Fool* African Descendants* Sitting In The Park* Can I Change My Mind* Duke Of Earl* Oowee Baby (Baby I Love You)* How Can I* The Message* Trying To Reach My Goal* If I Had The Right* Soul Groover* You Are Mine* All That We Need Is Love* Rasta Spirit* Arise Black Man* Sun Of Man* We A Feel It* This Feeling Of Love* La La La* Still Trying* If I Could Rule This World* Why Did You Leave Me To Cry* The Same Song* Feeling Inside (True Loving)* My Time* Harder and Harder* Hey World* Mini Skirt* Since I Fell For You* Good Good Loving* Shake It* It's Your Thing* Something You've Got* Working On A Groovy Thing* Misty* People Keep Quarreling* Carry My Name* Thank The Lord* Reggae Is My Thing* Land of Loving* Knock on wood* I Don't Know Why* Roomful of Tears* Dancer Crasher* I'm Hoping* Diana* Bye Bye Love* My Time is the Right Time* I Can't Stand It*

No comments: